Please check back after June 7 to see if the June Town Meeting will be conducted in person. Around one week before the meeting, you will receive a postcard with the Agenda.
Meetings of the Town Assembly
The Town Assembly of the Village of Arden, Delaware, meets the 4th Monday of January, March, June and September at 7:30 p.m., usually in Gild Hall, 2126 The Highway, Arden, Delaware. Election of Officers & Committees is at the March meeting.
Arden has a town meeting form of government in which anyone 18 years of age or older can vote and make motions if they have lived in the village as their primary residence for six months. Meetings are open to the public.
- Call to order
- Approval of minutes of last town assembly meeting
- Introduction of new residents
- Remembering recently-deceased residents
- Introduction of Visitors
- Communications from the Chair
- Trustees’ Report
- Advisory Committee Report
- Assessors’ Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Committee Reports (in reverse alphabetical order in January and June)
- Old business
- New business
- Good and Welfare
IMPORTANT ANNUAL AGENDA ITEMS:
• January Meeting: Nominations for all standing committees and officers.
• March Meeting: Election of committees and town officers.
• June Meeting: Presentation of Assessors report. Audit report.
• September Meeting: Presentation of the town budget. Nominations for Assessors. Review Buzz Ware Village Center budget. Dates announced for Budget Referendum and Election of Assessors; they must be within 45 days of the September Town Assembly.