AGENDA will be posted here prior to the meeting.
In September, we may be able to return to an in-person meeting. You will receive a postcard with up-to-date information around a week before the meeting. The following information (in yellow) is outdated and refers to our June 2021 Town Meeting. Please check back for an update.
How to attend Arden’s video Town Meeting via ZOOM:
Please use the Zoom.us video conference app to participate via video conference and by phone. For details, look at the postcard you received in the mail, find the email sent to Arden residents, call Danny Schweers at 302 475-0998, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please log in as early as 7:15 p.m. We want to get any bugs worked out before the meeting starts at 7:30 p.m.
Please be patient with us and each other. There will be motions made and voted on — the usual, but slower.
See you there via video!
Meetings of the Town Assembly
The Town Assembly of the Village of Arden, Delaware, meets the 4th Monday of January, March, June and September at 7:30 p.m., usually in Gild Hall, 2126 The Highway, Arden, Delaware. Election of Officers & Committees is at the March meeting.
Arden has a town meeting form of government in which anyone 18 years of age or older can vote and make motions if they have lived in the village as their primary residence for six months. Meetings are open to the public.
- Call to order
- Approval of minutes of last town assembly meeting
- Introduction of new residents
- Remembering recently-deceased residents
- Introduction of Visitors
- Communications from the Chair
- Trustees’ Report
- Advisory Committee Report
- Assessors’ Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Committee Reports (in reverse alphabetical order in January and June)
- Old business
- New business
- Good and Welfare
IMPORTANT ANNUAL AGENDA ITEMS:
• January Meeting: Nominations for all standing committees and officers.
• March Meeting: Election of committees and town officers.
• June Meeting: Presentation of Assessors report. Audit report.
• September Meeting: Presentation of the town budget. Nominations for Assessors. Review Buzz Ware Village Center budget. Dates announced for Budget Referendum and Election of Assessors; they must be within 45 days of the September Town Assembly.