Who is running for committees and officers?
See the latest DRAFT ballot by clicking the link below.
• DRAFT BALLOT Last updated: Thursday, March 7, 2022 at 4:30pm
This is not the final ballot. It is revised as further nominations are received, so check back. Nominations are accepted up to the Advisory Meeting on March 7. Contact the chair of the Advisory Committee if you would like to run for a committee. Contact the chair of the Advisory Committee if your name has been placed in error on the ballot.
Some committees have not met their minimum required number of candidates. Committees may also have more than the minimum number of nominees. The deadline for nominations is the March Advisory Meeting on Monday, March 1.
Nominees are invited to post a short statement to help your neighbors know who you are and what skills and interests you might contribute to a committee. Click here to submit your statement.
Click here to read the nominee statements. They will be posted as they are received, so check back closer to the election to read as many statements as possible.
Incumbents are not indicated on the ballot. Please see the current list of Committees & Officers to find out who the incumbents are.
CONDUCTING THE ELECTION during a Zoom meeting
In accordance with our charter, the annual election will be held at the Town Meeting, Monday, March 28, 2022, starting at 7:30 pm. All Arden residents 18 years of age and older, whose primary residence is in the Village of Arden and who have lived here over 6 months, may vote. Please note: because of COVID restrictions, the meeting will be conducted via Zoom.
• Ballots will be distributed at the start of the meeting by posting the final ballot in the chat box and on this website. You will have to download it and print it. Printed ballots and return envelopes will also be posted on the Village bulletin board by the front door of the Buzz Ware Village Center.
• Voting continues throughout the meeting. So, if you cannot attend the entire meeting, please log in to vote.
• You must return your ballot in a signed envelope by 3pm Wednesday, March 30. Ballot may be returned directly to the secure Village mailbox, 2119 The Highway, across from the Buzz Ware Village Center. Your name and signature will be checked against the list of those attending the March 28 Town Meeting. Envelopes are separated from ballots before the vote count, so your ballot will remain a secret ballot.
• If you cannot attend the Zoom meeting or will not be able to print your own ballot, you should request an Absentee Ballot, which will be mailed to you after March 8 and must be returned by 6 pm on the night of the Town Meeting, March 28. To learn about Absentee Voting, click here.