This post is no longer available through the links on the website, although it may still be reached via the “search” function. This page is out-of-date and will be revised and re-posted for the March 2023 Election of Officers & Committees.
Election night is Monday, March 28, 2022, during the Town Meeting. All Arden residents 18 years of age and older who have lived in the Village for 6 months or longer are eligible to vote. You may vote any time during the Town Meeting, which starts at 7:30 p.m. This will be a Zoom meeting, with a unique voting procedure. Please see below for details. The deadline for requesting an Absentee Ballot was March 21. The deadline for returning the Absentee Ballot is 6 pm tonight, March 28.
Who is running for committees and officers?
See a sample ballot by clicking the link below.
• SAMPLE BALLOT posted 3/9/2022 • 2 pm
This is a SAMPLE of the final ballot. It may not be used for voting. Actual ballots are distributed at the start of the March Town Meeting, or supplied to individual voters who have requested an Absentee ballot.
* ACTUAL BALLOT will be posted on the Home page by 6pm on March 28. It will also be posted in the Chat Box during the Zoom Town Meeting. For those who are unable to print their own ballots, printed ballots and envelopes will be posted on the Town Bulletin Board at the Buzz Ware Village Center.
All committees, have a sufficient number of nominees to elect this year’s committee members. Committees may have more than the minimum number of nominees. The deadline for nominations was the March Advisory Meeting on Monday, March 7.
Who are the incumbents?
See the current committee list to find out who the incumbents running for re-election are, and also who the continuing members are. You can read a description of each committee in the brief guide to Village government: Arden: Here’s How It Works. Detailed descriptions can be found here.
Click here to read the nominee statements. Thank you to all the candidates who submitted statements.
If you are on the ballot and have not posted a statement yet, you are encouraged to post a statement about yourself. Click here to learn more.
CONDUCTING THE ELECTION during a Zoom meeting
In accordance with our charter, the annual election will be held at the Town Meeting, Monday, March 28, 2022, starting at 7:30 pm. All Arden residents 18 years of age and older, whose primary residence is in the Village of Arden and who have lived here over 6 months, may vote. Please note: because of COVID restrictions, the meeting will be conducted via Zoom.
• Ballots will be distributed at the start of the meeting by posting the final ballot in the chat box and on this website. You will have to download it and print it. Printed ballots and return envelopes will also be physically posted on the Village bulletin board by the front door of the Buzz Ware Village Center.
• Voting continues throughout the meeting. So, if you cannot attend the entire meeting, please log in to vote.
• You must return your ballot in a signed envelope by 3pm Wednesday, March 30. Ballots may be returned directly to the secure Village mailbox, 2119 The Highway, across from the Buzz Ware Village Center. Your name and signature will be checked against the list of those attending the March 28 Town Meeting. Envelopes are separated from ballots before the vote count, so your ballot will remain a secret ballot.
• Requests for Absentee Ballots were available up to March 21 for those who cannot attend the Zoom meeting. That deadline has passed. If you did not request an Absentee ballot, you must attend the Town Meeting to be able to vote.