Put your name on the ballot. Serve the village if elected.
The names of nominees for upcoming vacant committee positions and for officials in the Village of Arden will be announced by the chair of the Advisory Committee at the Arden town meeting on Monday, January 27, 2020. This will not be the final list, but we hope to make a good start. If you would like to be a nominee, please email Danny Schweers at email@example.com or call 302 475-0998. If you live in the Village of Arden, are over 18 years of age, and will have lived in Arden for six months as of March 23, 2020, you are eligible.
For each committee position becoming vacant, we need two (2) nominees and welcome more! If you want to be a nominee, please get your name to Danny Schweers, Chair of the Advisory Committee, by Friday, January 24, 2020.
• Archives: Ellen Dolmetsch and Sadie Somerville’s terms expire. Four (4) nominees are needed.
• Audit: Cookie Ohlson’s term expires. Two (2) nominees are needed.
• Budget: David Gerbec and Brooke Bovard’s terms expire. Four (4) nominees are needed.
• BWVC: Debbi Sheiker and Mary Young’s terms expire. Four (4) nominees are needed.
• Civic: Albert Marks and Rick Smyth’s terms expire and Mick Fitzharris will be resigning. Carol DiGiovanni is already a nominee, so five (5) nominees are needed.
• Community Planning: Rick Ferrell and Mark Wood’s terms expire. Carol DiGiovanni is already a nominee, so three (3) nominees are needed.
• Forest: Jeff Martin and David Nordheimer’s terms expire. Four (4) nominees are needed.
• Playground: Carl Falco and Larry Walker’s terms expire. Four (4) nominees are needed.
• Registration: Barbara Macklem, Mary Murphy, and Cecilia Vore’s terms expire. Six (6) nominees are needed.
• Safety: John DiGiacoma and Stephen Harcourt’s terms expire. Four (4) nominees are needed.
• Officials: We need a nominee for Treasurer. We already have nominees for Town Chair (Jeff Politis), Advisory Chair (Danny Schweers), and Secretary (Elizabeth Resko), but we welcome further nominees.
NOMINEE STATEMENTS: If you agree to be a nominee, please use the nominee form on this website or email Danny Schweers directly to send us a brief statement about why you want to serve. The Registration Committee will post candidate statements on this website starting Jan. 28, and will post additional statements as they are received.
TIME LINE: At the January 27 town meeting, the Advisory chair will announce who is running and ask for nominees from the floor. After that town meeting, the names of nominees will continue to be accepted until the Advisory Committee meeting on March 2. Advisory will finalize the ballot at that meeting, then the Registration Committee will send out absentee ballots soon afterwards. The election of officials and committees will be the first order of business at the March 23 town meeting.
Arden: Here’s How It Works
brief descriptions of committees & officers, duties, time commitment involved